Monday, July 6, 2009

Works in Progress (WIPs)

I have a confession to make...I love making lists. I love the feeling of having everything organized and planned, and also the feeling of accomplishment when I finish a task and can mark it off the list. My husband thinks I'm insane (or at last very quirky) because I even like to add things that are already finished to a list in progress just so I can mark it off and feel that wonderful sense of accomplishment. So, in light of my quirk, here is a list I made tonight of my WIPs:

Knitting:
1. Ruthie Jo's princess puppy blanket
2. Houndstooth baby blanket
3. Mint green baby blanket
4. Blue cable afghan

Sewing:
1. Car seat cover, canopy, strap covers
2. Car seat winter "cozy cover"
3. Baby headbands
4. Fabric basket for kitchen desk
5. Coffee cozies
6. Sample shopping cart cover

Now, some of you (Mom) who hate starting a project when others aren't yet finished, may be bothered by the fact that I have 10 projects in the works. However, I simply like to think of myself as a multi-tasker. I consider this to be a great asset, actually, because I can work on so many things at one time. Yes, yes, those of you out there that are bothered by this simply see it as a rationalization. Think what you like, I'm not bothered by it. I'm going back to my lists and my WIPs now. :-)

No comments: